This quiz is a general guide. Each situation is unique and we will have to review each claim.
Take this quiz first.
- Did you work at least 500 hours or get paid at least $1,000 by an employer during your “base year?” Your base year is the first four of the last five completed calendar quarters before the week you file your initial claim.
- If you file your initial claim in January, February, or March 2020, your base year is October 1, 2018 through September 30, 2019.
- If you file your initial claim in April, May, or June 2020, your base year is January 1, 2019 through December 31, 2019.
- If you file your initial claim in July, August, or September 2020, your base year is April 1, 2019 through March 31, 2020.
- If you file your initial claim in October, November, or December 2020, your base year is July 1, 2019 through June 30, 2020.
- Did you work in Oregon at someone else’s company sometime in the past 18 months?
- Are you able to work? “Able to work” means you are mentally and physically able to work.
- Are you available for work? “Available to work” means you are able to work without restrictions that would prevent you from accepting work (for example: transportation issues, illness, vacations, or lack of family/childcare).
- Were you laid off, or were your work hours cut back?
- Were you discharged from the military in the last 18 months, and either living in Oregon or regularly working or looking for work in Oregon?
- None of the statements below apply to you. (If none apply, your answer is "Yes.")
- I was fired and it was my fault.
- I am on strike from my employer.
- I am on a leave of absence from my job.
- I am still working full-time.
If you answered Yes to MOST of these questions, you will likely qualify for regular unemployment insurance (UI) benefits. File an initial claim here.