We are grateful to our community partners for helping us reach every Oregonian who may be eligible for unemployment benefits. Please use the outreach materials below to let the communities you serve know about unemployment benefits.
If people don’t file their claims correctly, it will delay their benefits by days or even weeks. During COVID-19, the right answers to the questions on the claim form are different than one might think. Use or share our step-by-step guides and videos to help the communities you serve file claims correctly.
Free interpretation help for filing any kind of claim is available. Call Worksystems at 1-503-606-6969. Worksystems cannot help with questions about an open claim with the Employment Department. They can only help with filing initial or weekly claims over the phone in languages other than English.
We are also partnering with several community-based organizations through the Oregon Health Authority’s Community Partner Outreach Program (CPOP). Through this partnership, the below organizations are authorized to assist community members with filing their claims with OED, particularly Oregonians who need language assistance or experience other barriers to filing their claims. Please note that these organizations do not have access to internal OED systems, so they cannot tell you the status of your claim.
- 971-271-6666, 10 am – 5 pm, Monday - Friday
- 541-889-3189 or go to 67 SW 2nd Avenue, Ontario, Oregon, 10 am – 6 pm, Monday – Friday
- 503-345-7031, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, or email OEA@projectaccessnow.org
- Olalla Center:
- 541-336-2254 or 541-819-0436, 8 am – 5 pm, Monday - Friday
- 541-840-9669 or 541-778-4623, or email UneteOregon@gmail.com
- Yesenia Hernandez - 503-871-2513
- Connie Vega - 503-302-7148
- Monday through Friday - 8:00 - 5:00 p.m. Evening hours by appointment. Saturday - Sunday - by appointment
Outreach materials for download