Submit a Message Through Our Contact Us Form
The Oregon Employment Department’s Contact Us form was created to gather all inquiries related to unemployment benefits. We review every message, but are prioritizing those from customers with the oldest issues and from those who have been impacted by recent wildfires
The Contact Us form can be used for these purposes:
- Ask questions or get help with your claim
- Upload documents like Proof of Authorization to Work or provide missing information
- Request reasonable accommodation if you need help filing your claim (for example, you need assistance with completing your initial or weekly claim due to a disability or you need the claim form in an alternate format),
- Request a hearing or file an appeal
- Report identity theft
- Apply for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
IMPORTANT: Oregon Employment Department inboxes created at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic have been shut down. If you previously emailed the Employment Department at a temporary inbox (UI_Info@oregon.gov, COVID19@oregon.gov, or PUA_Info@oregon.gov) and are still waiting on a reply, please re-submit your request using this form.
Checking on a Claim
The best way to check on your claim is by logging into our Online Claim System.
It is taking us a minimum of four weeks to process regular unemployment insurance (UI) claims, and a minimum of six weeks to process Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) claims.
If it has been fewer than four weeks since you applied for UI or six weeks since you applied for PUA, please do not contact us yet. We are processing your application. Contacting us before the minimum processing time has passed will not help you get benefits faster. It actually slows down our ability to process claims for everyone.
For Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) benefits, if it has been six weeks or more since you submitted your initial claim and you have not heard from us, please call us at:
Toll free: 1-833-410-1004
If you'd like to have a look at the Claimant Handbook you can view it here.